LifePoint Health Director, Hospital Operations Controller in Brentwood, Tennessee
The Director, Hospital Operations Controller manages the appropriate accounting and financial reporting for a group of facilities and integrates the finance teams for all new acquisitions to include, but not limited to, provide guidance during month end close, review Medicare/Medicaid exhibits, train staff on financial reporting tools and databases, and direct facilities in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Prepare and present analysis of hospital operating results on a monthly and quarterly basis and monitor routine weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for presentation to senior management.
- Prepare financial feasibility analysis for capital projects, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Maintain primary support role to the facilities and groups in the preparation of fiscal year budgets and month end close procedures.
- Ensure internal controls are adequate to safeguard facility assets and the accounting systems are sufficient to generate accurate, timely, compliant financial reporting.
- Assure the integrity of hospital balance sheets through management of the post-closing review process and periodic balance sheet reviews.
- Maintain general ledger; responsible for monthly closing activities and minimizing audit adjustments.
- Review and provide logical explanations for monthly, quarterly, and annual variances in general ledger accounts and hospital statistics.
- Monitor and regulate standardized Chart of Accounts and statistics for consistency and accuracy in reporting.
- Assist in due diligence on potential acquisitions, including providing input into the acquisition model and develop a transition plan post acquisition.
- Assist in the integration of new acquisitions into LifePoint processes and month end close.
- Serve as liaison with external stakeholders in providing required financial reports and information.
- Collaborate and work directly with hospital leadership to ensure the appropriate operating metrics have been met and coincide with the strategies the Operations teams want to implement.
- Maintain and implement the year-end financial operations budget and capital expenditures budget for a respective group of facilities.
- Create business analytics tools within specific business intelligence (BI) platforms to supplement both group and local hospital discussion.
- Provide support to the Senior Director, Hospital Operations Controller as needed or requested.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, and state regulatory environments as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Experience:Minimum of 7 years related experience preferably in a Healthcare and/or Hospital environment.
Certifications:Certified Public Accountant preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Business Mathematical Skills - Abiltity to add, subtract, multiply, and divided in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Moderate Computer Skills -- Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Ability to create, maintain and incorporate simple functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
Complex Communication -- Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with management. Can present, resolve, and address delicate situations. Can motive and persuade others.
Varied Business Problems --Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedent, and practices.
Department Specific -- Decisions impact the management and operations within a department. May contribute to business, and operational decisions that affect the department.
Functional Independent Judgement -- Provides and sets goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices, and programs. Makes decisions for and/or resolves problems for others.
Project Planning/Organization -- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project oversight, and resource allocation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
- In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
- Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
- Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *OmniPoint Surgical Assoc, LLC
Title: Director, Hospital Operations Controller
Requisition ID: 7410-5535