Health First Mammography Technologist - Cape Canaveral Hospital, Breast Center, Per Diem in Cocoa Beach, Florida
POSITION SUMMARY * * To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by: Being committed to the Health First I CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence; Being engaged and contributing to a positive and productive work environment; Producing quality images; Following all HF, hospital and departmental protocols in a professional, memorable and timely manner; Mentoring the technical development of co-workers and students within a team concept.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients/customers, team members and yourself.
- Ensure the correct procedure is performed on the correct patient by verifying two forms of patient identification on “Every Patient / Every Time”.
- Perform “time out” process prior to starting any invasive procedure.
- Adhere to ALARA principles of radiation safety.
- Knowledge regarding location of emergency equipment/supplies and how to use such equipment/supplies.
- Familiar with the Health First Emergency Kardex and responsibilities in relation to specified emergent codes.
- Responsible for hurricane preparedness and your duties as a Health First associate.
- Follow Infection Control policies and procedures; practice aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Effectively document and communicate pertinent and required information.
- Report malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate department, fellow associate and management in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete all required documentation/forms – written/electronic (ex: patient history, pregnancy, IV contrast, procedural consent, MAR, safety portal, medication reconciliation, PACS.
- Review exam orders from medical charts and/or prescriptions prior to performing an exam.
- Obtain pertinent patient history from the requisition, the patient, the medical chart or other sources.
- Perform procedure protocols, produce images consistent with image quality standards and follow all Federal, State and Regional healthcare regulations and adhere to Joint Commission/ACR standards.
- Properly position patients and uses appropriate technique.
- Assure that exam rooms are clean, neat, stocked and disinfected; and that equipment is clean, disinfected and ready for the next patient encounter.
- Follow proper image retrieval and file processes.
- Participate in quality initiatives and offer suggestions for departmental improvements including departmental protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Accept additional responsibilities to assist with reaching departmental goals/initiatives.
- Attend staff meetings/in-services as required. Reads and signs off on all staff meeting minutes as required.
- Properly identifies, prepares and/or administers medications that are within the technologist’s scope of practice as prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Accurately enter data into the Mammography Reporting System (MRS).
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: * Graduate of a Joint Review Committee approved Radiologic Technology program, or equivalent approved school of Radiologic Technology. * Possess a current Florida State License as a General Radiographer. * Possess a current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.) registration or be registry eligible. * Possess advanced certification in Mammography, ARRT (M). * Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain. * Computer-related skills deemed pertinent for optimal technical performance. * Excellent oral and written communication skills. * Ability to report to department within 30 minutes when on call. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: * Able to walk, bend, stoop, reach, and lift throughout their shift. * Able to move, lift, or position patients as required. * Able to push wheelchairs, stretchers, and beds. * Dependable and flexible in relation to covering required shifts. * Able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted, several times per day. * Able to wear lead aprons for extended periods of time.
Organization: *Cape Canaveral Hospital
Title: Mammography Technologist - Cape Canaveral Hospital, Breast Center, Per Diem
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Cocoa Beach
Requisition ID: 056531