Amazon Web Services Global Sports and Entertainment Hospitality – Event Manager in Toronto, Ontario
Amazon Web Services is seeking a talented, self-directed Event Manager to provide program support for our sports and entertainment hospitality event portfolio in Canada. AWS has a new multi-sport partnership based in Canada with hospitality benefits, which we use to host our senior leaders and CxO customers at bucket-list events, deepen relationships, and accelerate deals in the pipeline. The Hospitality Event Manager will be responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of hospitality events, creating unique 1-2-day experiences that facilitate relationship-building, peer to peer networking and highlight how our partners are using AWS to innovate and revolutionize how they do business.
This is a hands-on role, and the ideal candidate will have experience project managing events and strategic customer programs that deliver exceptional customer value. Additional expected experience includes: planning and delivering VIP events for customers that include accommodations, transportation, gifting, behind the scenes tours, and other unique surprise-and-delight experiences. The person who fills this role will have strong project management skills and a results-driven attitude, attention to detail, and experience working in a fast-paced environment. You will work on a highly collaborative, cross-functional team. You will be expected to manage execution of multiple events at the same time. You must be comfortable using a suite of different marketing tools for budgeting, reporting, creating digital assets, reporting metrics etc. to produce events. You must also be comfortable attending events and helping host C-Suite customers and Sales Leaders. The ideal candidate should also be located less than an hour from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, ON.
Key job responsibilities
• Working with key stakeholders to develop hospitality opportunities and experiences as part of new and existing partnership programs.
• Negotiating contracts and agreements with partners, vendors and agencies around these hospitality opportunities.
• Working collaboratively with relevant business units, field marketing and sales leadership to ensure alignment with business priorities and goals.
• Designing overall customer hospitality experience including customer communications, venue logistics, catering, A/V, transportation, staffing, and branded merchandise.
• Developing KPIs to assess quality and success of the experiences and business impact of the program, developing standard operating procedures, identifying and driving continuous program improvement.
• Managing program budget and operations including regulatory compliance for all agreements, customer registration, and ticketing in accordance with local laws.
• Ability to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
• 5 years of relevant experience in hospitality programs or event management.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or relevant field of study.
• Demonstrated success partnering with Sales leadership to develop marketing programs.
• Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
• Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
• Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
• Outstanding communications skills – written and verbal.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Strong team player with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and thrive in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment.
• 25% Travel to events, primarily in Canada.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs