UC Health Health Unit Coordinator - West Chester Hospital - Obstetric Services in West Chester Hospital - 7700 University Dr - West Chester, Ohio
At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpose: to advance healing and reduce suffering.
As the region's adult academic health system, we strive for innovation and provide world-class care for not only our community, but patients from all over the world. Join our team and you'll be able to develop your skills, grow your career, build relationships with your peers and patients, and help us be a source of hope for our friends and neighbors.
UC Health is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of employment.
Primary Purpose: The Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) facilitates the efficient functioning of a patient care unit by performing receptionist and clerical/non-clinical support activities. The Health Unit Coordinator has knowledge of specific needs of the patient population.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education:High school education or equivalent. Preferred: HUC education from college or vocational school.
Years of Experience:1-2 years equivalent customer service experience.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Takes initiative on tasks with minimal supervision; self-starter.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communications skills both written and verbal required.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills with Microsoft Software packages, including Word, Excel, Outlook and database management.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a demanding environment are essential.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Completes yearly mandatory unit specific, hospital and safety education
- BLS (if not certified at hire, can receive training during orientation)
Organization: *West Chester Hospital
Title: Health Unit Coordinator - West Chester Hospital - Obstetric Services
Location: West Chester Hospital - 7700 University Dr - West Chester, OH
Requisition ID: 068567